Southern Tank’s STI Fireguard® Tank represents the newest technology in fire-protected liquid storage. This tank is UL 2085 Labeled as a “fire-protected” and “fire-resistant” secondary containment aboveground tank with a 2-hour fire-rating. The Fireguard® Tank’s design incorporates lightweight thermal insulation encased between two walls of steel. The double wall steel design provides UL listed secondary containment. The lightweight interstitial insulation material is 75% lighter than concrete reducing the overall tank weight significantly when compared to competing concrete encased products.
Each one of Southern’s Fireguard® Tanks is built to nationally recognized UL and STI standards and is subject to strict quality control inspections. Every Fireguard®’s primary (inner) and secondary (outer containment) tank is tested for leaks per UL 142 procedures in our manufacturing facility and may be tightness tested on site using standard testing methods. Here are some of the codes and standards that the Southern Fireguard® Tank complies with:
- UL 142 primary and secondary tanks
- UL 2085 Listed “Protected” tank
- Uniform Fire Code UFC-Article 79 as a “Protected Tank”
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 30, 30A, & 31
- International Fire Code (IFC) 2000-Chapter 34
- Ballistics protection per UFC Article 79 and per UL 2085
- Impact protection per UFC Article 79 and per UL 2085
- Uniform Fire Code (UFC) Standard A-II-F-1
- California Air Resources Board (CARB) testing requirements for air emissions
- Steel Tank Institute (STI) Standard F941 for Thermally Insulated Above Ground Storage Tanks
Fireguard® Tank Features
The steel outer wall of the Fireguard® tank provides for low cost maintenance and protection from extreme weathering. It comes standard with a Chemline Chemthane white acrylic polyurethane coating over an SP-6 sandblasted surface. Unlike concrete, spalling and cracking will never be a problem. The interstitial porous insulation material protects the product from both ambient and extreme temperatures. It allows any leak to migrate to a monitoring point for easy detection. The Southern Fireguard® Tank can be cylindrical or rectangular in shape, and is available in sizes ranging from 300 to 30,000 gallons. Openings, manways, exterior coatings, interior linings, compartmentalization, and other custom requirements can be incorporated to fit your specific needs.Contact us today to tell us about your project, or request a quote to your specifications.